Sydney

Ignition

Heading over to Sydney for a holiday in July...

Just wondering bout good nightlife and places to steer clear from etc from trustworthy DBNZ folk who have spent time there.

Don't want to get into the same situation as last year in Melbourne when the standard response to us asking where to find dnb was "is that rock or dance?"

I read somewhere that Ollie Cern played at Phoenix Bar a few weeks ago so will prob check that out - what else is worth checking out?

I had a great time there. Seemed like they had a decent size crew over there, nice people and really into the music. They have had some pretty good looking lineups recently [both DnB & Dubstep] with exceptional turnouts. State of Mind are there soon, June I think, then the night following that is Therapy night. In saying that, before I went there, I would have said the same thing as Pat.

i was there in January 600 plus at Andy C on a thursday night, and 3-400 at the bug on the Saturday.

Solid crew over there. Friction's the site for a gig guide. Look out for a young lady called Felicite, who goodness is exceeded only by her ability to promote filthy gigs

edit:also don't be scared if there's girls there. They like it

Dubstep-wise, i know Garage Pressure / Aquatic Lab are based there, they do a monthly night called Aquarium (i think?) so that could be worth checking out. Steve Spacek is their resident MC too...id imagine he would be wicked.

Dubstep-wise, i know Garage Pressure / Aquatic Lab are based there, they do a monthly night called Aquarium (i think?) so that could be worth checking out. Steve Spacek is their resident MC too...id imagine he would be wicked.

Will def be checking this place out if Spacek is their resident MC

Spent a week in Sydney earlier this month, didn't check any D&B, but had a brilliant time.

If you have time, check out http://www.recordstore.com.au/details.htm

Wicked little record store with a solid little range of Drum & Bass vinyl.

The guy who orders their D&B (and I think also their Dubstep) is a good cat, ended up chatting music for ages.

Cool cheers, always good having a dig in a foreign place.