Recession

cramer

Does the economic slowdown effect you?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Does the economic slowdown effect you?

• Yes, big time
    • A little, I guess
    • Na bo
    • Whats a recession?

Havent quite seen it yet..

But if shit gets worse def will feel it....

Productions from overseas not coming to nz to shoot.

lower budgets for productions.

The drift (or possible drift) to far right political opinions of the masses

food prices going thru the roof..

yup....

im contemplating selling my motorbike and buying a car. it could be hard to sell my bike coz no ones buying stuff.. but on the other hand, motorbikes are cheap to run so maybe people are snatching them up? also hopefully i can get a lower price on the car i want because of the slump..

so it could be bad for me, but it could also work in my favour in that regard anyway.

I'd say this recession will of affected nearly everyone by the time it turns up. Hasn't affected me personally yet. But if I was to get made redundant chances of scoring another job in the industry would be virtually zero. Interesting times ahead

I'd say this recession will of affected nearly everyone by the time it turns up. Hasn't affected me personally yet. But if I was to get made redundant chances of scoring another job in the industry would be virtually zero. Interesting times ahead

Tis the beginning of the EndX.... hold tyte.....

Tis the beginning of the EndX.... hold tyte.....

LOL, jumping the gun?

Yeah it affects my industry "in theory" cos our big clients have less $ to spend on marketing and advertising with us. There's def more redundancies than usual. I got laid off earlier this year, but I wouldn't blame "the recession" in that particular case.

Food & petrol prices have been grim this year obviously, but I believe they were caused by other factors - namely poor yields & market speculation.

It isnt a recession in NZ yet, need two quarters of negative economic growth for that to occur.

Hasn't even happened officially in the states yet, but its odds on when the next quarters figures are released.

Pakage mate, if struggling to sell ya hog is the only downside, count yourself lucky

as for moi, no dramas. more worried about environmental decline than economic.

yaa.

& in the states, its not official, but the gdp growth is so minimal that if you take inflation into account its pretty much recession time... and yeah it will get worse & become official soon most probs...

at least this whole shiz should mean good opportunities for us young bucks to buy assets at decent prices in the next couple of years...

I’m actually secretly hoping everything turns to chaos.. proper MAD MAX styles…. Yeah boy.

you know what, me too

although i like to think that things are stable enough that that won't happen!

Behold the EndX

American capitalism will and is falling thus sending a massive shock wave around the world that will destroy ecconomies from Argentina to Zambia.. The far right will rise along with the left.. war in the streets. The jack boot of the state will crush all who refuse to submit leading to an uprising on a global scale that will see an ideological and spiritual shift that will reshape our destiny. The Condor will rise in the south and on its wings the rainbow shall Reside.....

Redstars to the north south east and west..

Or some such shit\

Pakage mate, if struggling to sell ya hog is the only downside, count yourself lucky

yeah true that. i guess high prices of food and gas and stuff affect me in some way too.. but i havent even really felt that yet. considering im on the sickness benefit and everything at the place im at is heavily subsidised, im not really feeling the squeeze at all to be honest.

but im ready if it does

dude.. have you seriously prepared for the apocalypse?

how?

have you built a secret bunker with a network of tunnels and stores of canned food and weapons?

have you organised a militia to fight for freedom?

anything short of that would be futile if you think we're really gonna be in a guerilla war against the imperialistic state sometime in the near future.

and anything like that would be pretty paranoid to undertake at this stage to say the least..

but im ready if it does

how?

have you built a secret bunker with a network of tunnels and stores of canned food and weapons?

anything short of that would be futile if you think we're really gonna be in a guerilla war against the imperialistic state sometime in the near future.

and anything like that would be pretty paranoid to undertake at this stage to say the least..

lol prob wouldnt put it past him ae

but im ready if it does

how?

nope no bunkers no cache o guns...

Im safe in the knowledge of my opinion...

time will tell .....

what would u do? if shit hit the fan?