1. 1. Rugby...

• Into it
    • Hate it

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan aye. Not because its a bad game, I'd just rather do something else with my time than watch sport. Anyway, working in an office I will be kept up to date with what is happening, each painfully dull step of the way.

Not a fan aye. Not because its a bad game, I'd just rather do something else with my time than watch sport. Anyway, working in an office I will be kept up to date with what is happening, each painfully dull step of the way.

werd to that

I say meh to the culture also,,, its full o meat heads and munters who i have nothing in common with,,, arrrgh dont get me started I wrote many an essay on ruggers at uni one which landed me in a meeting with my deans and shit

one of the three times that happined cos o writing contentious topics

werd to that

I say meh to the culture also,,, its full o meat heads and munters who i have nothing in common with,,,

WORD.

I'd quite frankly rather have my eyeballs scooped out with a rusty spoon than watch the rugby.

I say meh to the culture also,,, its full o meat heads and munters who i have nothing in common with,,, arrrgh dont get me started I wrote many an essay on ruggers at uni one which landed me in a meeting with my deans and shit

This has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard!

Its such a bullshit stereotype that people who like rugby are "munters and meatheads," they might account for 5% of the rugby loving population and its an incorrect assumption probably based on your High School 1st XV.

What the fuck ever dude, more like 95%.

Rugbyheads ARE DEFINITELY "munters and meatheads".

What the fuck ever dude, more like 95%.

Rugbyheads ARE DEFINITELY "munters and meatheads".

I lied... This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard!

If you're into rugby, you dont notice it. If you're NOT into rugby, it's pretty blatantly obvious.

But you know, carry on the munter/meathead tradition and tell me I'm stupid for thinking that. You're a winner.

Saying that 95% of rugby fans are munters is a fucking meathead thing to say.

My only qualm with the (incredibly generalised) "rugby crowd" is that it reminds me of being at a house gig at the viaduct (note, never been to a house gig at the viaduct), its just the vibe.

i played rugby in school like most good kiwi kids.

it was great fun to be doing a sport and being part of a team ra ra ra....

i stopped when all the other "kids" got bigger than me. today, nearly fifteen years on, i only weigh 71kgs(just weighed in today).

i was a decent hooker getting heaps of opposition scrum hooks, and a cheeky little halfback too.

so, im not a huge hater of rugby, but im definately not a fan.

what i wanna know is, why other more "alternative" sports dont get more media coverage or support.

like, some of the BEST surfers and snowboarders in the world are kiwis, and theyll be lucky to get a mention in the paper for a gold medal or a comp win or whatever...

rugby makes front pages even when "Our Team" (not mine pal) gets the shit kicked out of them.

for a start there are 70 million snowboarders in the world(based on new board sales last year), and i reckon there'd be more surfers in the water on a saturday morning in summer than kids on the field during rugby season. Maybe some of thoe sames kids?sure. and i know a few rugby players do surf as well, kronfeld and legend number 14 winger JK.

but we're getting off track a bit...

yes, i agree, that "rugby-heads" are all munters and meatheads. thats why its called the Boofhead Opera. I'm personally against any kind of spectatorism, but i would watch a competition if i was involved in that sport myself. thats why i prefer to go out and perform my own sporting "disciplines". Because i actually enjoy "doing" rather than watching.

So, im wondering how many of you thugby "Fans", actually play rubgy?

And No - Touch doesnt count, nor does rarking it up on the beach with an eggball. i mean actual go to practise turn up on saturday rain or shine up the guts playing rugby.

So, im wondering how many of you thugby "Fans", actually play rubgy?

And No - Touch doesnt count, nor does rarking it up on the beach with an eggball. i mean actual go to practise turn up on saturday rain or shine up the guts playing rugby.

Like you I played during my school days but as you get older and have more commitments (work, study, getting on the waste and dnb gigs etc) it can be difficult to fully commit to a team game, i still surf and snowboard and take the bike out for a thrash very occasionaly and the appeal of them is that you can do it when ever you feel like it. Theres no "i have to go for a surf this saturday" or I cant go to this gig cause i have a game on etc.

As for the media coverage. New Zealand as a Nation is obsessed with rugby just as you cant pick up a paper in Melbourne without been molested by Aussie Rules. Alternative sports are still young, devloping etc. so less people are involved in them and hence less money involved, and money talks big time in sports. Also you mention spectatorism, something that the likes of surfing etc does lack (not my opinion) It still bewilders me that golf is so mainstream

I find that as time goes on I have more respect for Rugby...

It's almost like a small scale war whenever the AB's play a decent team..

The only thing that I don't understand...

How come they aren't wearing those Rugby helmets?

I understand that it's optional and you'll look like a twat... but...

1: Brain Damage isn't temporary.

2: You could use your helmet to head butt other players 'Accidentally'

If it weren't for the damage that they're causing to themselves I'd consider joining up.. in the mean time I'm going to stick with running & martial arts.

Its such a bullshit stereotype that people who like rugby are "munters and meatheads," they might account for 5% of the rugby loving population and its an incorrect assumption probably based on your High School 1st XV.

QFT, fuck the stereotypes! As the old adage goes:

"Rugby is a game watched by gentlemen and played by thugs

Football is a game watched by thugs and played by gentlemen"

Let's start a RWC thread, if you don't like it don't post in it, simple!