yawn

Pakage

... and i got friday off work so i can party hard at friction!

Very jealous, although friday is my last day at this evil, soul destroying job so I'm just gonna go to friction anyway and show up to work all sideways

the happy mondays were onto it with their band name in that, they were happy coz they were still going from the weekend and not stopping till the next one...

their mascot "bez",(who was dropped by aliens), used to just stand on stage raving, maybe shake a tamborine, and make sure everyone was sorted for biscuits. this was in the seventies.

about the same time another dude known as bezza came into being...

coincidence? i think not!

does anyone know if theres a band called the tuesday bluesday's?

the happy mondays were onto it with their band name in that, they were happy coz they were still going from the weekend and not stopping till the next one...

their mascot "bez",(who was dropped by aliens), used to just stand on stage raving, maybe shake a tamborine, and make sure everyone was sorted for biscuits. this was in the seventies.

admirable cultural lesson

but the facts are a little askew

the happy mondays where around from 1988-1993

bez was a chemist and mass produced mdm,a and ecstasy

and supplied most of europe

Im a late 80s' 90s kid and teh happy mondays primal scream and klf are my heros...

dude, who'd miss their last day of work? usually it consists of fuck all work + lots of free piss = good

Fo' sure, I aint doing even a skerrick of work on my last day, except maybe calling my favourite customers for one last chat.

And I've worked for the company for almost 5yrs in various departments so I'll have to spend the day wandering around saying goodbye and letting everyone tell me how awesome I am, how much they'll all miss me and how everything will fall apart when I'm gone. And then there's always the leaving gift, that's reason enough to make an appearance.

ok,ok... thanks for that. i just watched 24 hour party people after a big weekend it was all a little muddled in my head.

big ups eighties kid. you rule.

was it klf doing the crazy anti-publicity stunts, like burning a million pounds?

Im a late 80s' 90s kid and teh happy mondays primal scream and klf are my heros...

The facts are very askew

The Happy Mondays were around active in the following years

1985–1992 First Incarnation

The Mondays disbanded in 1992, and Shaun Ryder and Bez formed Black Grape

1999–2000 second Incarnation

Seven years passed, but in 1999 Happy Mondays reformed, minus Paul Davis and Mark Day. In their place were Wags and a number of other musicians close to Shaun Ryder.

2004–present Thrid and final incarnation?

2004 saw another reformation, comprising Bez, Gary Whelan and Shaun Ryder, following the latter's unsuccessful solo career. (Paul Ryder was not present, having sworn to never perform with his brother again following the 2000 break-up.) The trio of original members were joined by new guitarist Kav Sandhu, with the rest of his band Sonic Audio serving as members of the Mondays live line-up (bassist Mikey Shine, keyboard player Dave Parkinson, guitarist Jonn Dunn and Poss on decks).

Its very much doubtful that Bez was a chemist due to his father being a police detective

And if you have read his biog then Id take it all with a oinch of salt due to him being off his face on medication when it was written.

so, no tuesday bluesdays then???

btw -

loved the whole "oinch" of salt thing.

oinch

oinck

oink

since his dad was a detective n all....

cheers.

ok,ok... thanks for that. i just watched 24 hour party people after a big weekend it was all a little muddled in my head.

big ups eighties kid. you rule.

was it klf doing the crazy anti-publicity stunts, like burning a million pounds?

You had to do it evoke.....big ups by the way! this stuff def needs to b known!.

Im a KLF feind a KLF fanatic if u will

so here goes (theis was found on wikipedia)

In the early 1980s, British musician and artist Jimmy Cauty was the guitarist in an underachieving pop/rock band, Brilliant.[1] Brilliant had been signed to WEA Records by A&R man Bill Drummond,[2] formerly a member of the Liverpool group Big in Japan,[3] the manager of The Teardrop Explodes and Echo & The Bunnymen,[4] and co-founder of the independent record label Zoo Records.[5] In 1986, Brilliant released their one and only album - Kiss The Lips Of Life - before splitting up.[6] In the same year, Drummond left WEA Records to record a solo album.[7] Whilst out walking on New Year's Day, 1987, Drummond hit upon an idea for a hip-hop record but, he said, knowing "nothing, personally, about the technology", he needed a collaborator. Drummond called Jimmy Cauty who agreed to join him in a new band called The Justified Ancients of Mu-Mu (The JAMs).[8]

The JAMs' debut release, the single "All You Need Is Love", was released as an underground white label on 9 March 1987.[9] At this time, The JAMs identities were unknown,[10] but the 28 March 1987 edition of NME revealed Bill Drummond's involvement.[11] More independent releases followed, all "underground" in nature - attracting the interest of the music press and hitting the lower reaches of the indie charts but not troubling, nor designed to trouble, the heights of the mainstream UK Singles Chart - until, that is, 1988's "Doctorin' the Tardis". The only record to be released by the duo under their new alias, "The Timelords", "Doctorin'" received almost universally terrible reviews ("pure, unadulterated agony ... excruciating";[12] "rancid"[13]) but hit number one on 12 June 1988 and sold over one million copies.[14] Renaming themselves The KLF, the duo had a string of top 10 hits in the UK, Australia and various European countries, including "What Time Is Love? (Live at Trancentral)" (UK #5, October 1990); "3 a.m. Eternal (Live at the S.S.L.)" (UK #1, top 5 in the USA, Australia and Sweden, January 1991); and "Justified and Ancient (Stand by The JAMs)" (top 5, November 1991).[15] The duo also released the critically acclaimed and seminal ambient house album, The KLF Chill Out,[16] and the #1 album The White Room, which the All Music Guide said "represents the commercial and artistic peak of late-'80s acid-house".[17]

The KLF had become one of Britain's biggest bands. And yet, suddenly, in 1992 they machine-gunned a music industry audience at the 1992 Brit Awards (albeit with blanks) and quit the music business.[18]

By their own account, neither Drummond nor Cauty kept any of the money that they made as the KLF; it was all ploughed back into their extravagant productions. Cauty told an Australian Big Issue writer in 2003 that all the money they made as the KLF was spent, and that the royalties they accrued post-retirement amounted to approximately one million pounds:

“ I think we made about £6m. We paid nearly half that in tax and spent the rest on production costs. When we stopped, the production costs stopped too, so over the next few months we amassed a surplus of cash still coming in from record sales; this amounted to about £1.8m. After tax we were left with about £1m.[19] â€

chur.

i read this at four a.m. when i got home from friction but it was all tumeke.

fucking crazy cunts.... definately send me that manifesto.

that was cool to meet you last night too bro.

you're way cooler as a real person than as anonymous non-existent letters from a thread in hyperspace....

friction ay -

fuck that set was epic. still cant over how it was only two hours... it's like, coz he compressed so much into his set and totally smashed up the last half, it felt like four.

or summat...

biggup the midweek massive!!!

chur.

i read this at four a.m. when i got home from friction but it was all tumeke.

fucking crazy cunts.... definately send me that manifesto.

that was cool to meet you last night too bro.

you're way cooler as a real person than as anonymous non-existent letters from a thread in hyperspace....

friction ay -

fuck that set was epic. still cant over how it was only two hours... it's like, coz he compressed so much into his set and totally smashed up the last half, it felt like four.

or summat...

biggup the midweek massive!!!

chur!

yea man was a very cool set last nyte...

and yes the klf are most def the CRAZIESt niggahs///

pm me yo email addy and I will send yonder klf bizzo

and yes mr kritical to burn a million dollers would b a very hard thing to do..... but how cool would it b...man that shit give s me goose bumps.... it woukld b just so cool to see it going up in smoke.

I think I would love the smell of burning a million dollars , thats the smell of PURE anarchy..

They also wrote a fucking fantastic piece of subversive text (which is my bible) call the manufesto , on how to subvert cajole and write number one hhits and generally raise both middle fingers at the commercial media scene . << I can send u this if u wish.... Its FUCKING FANTASTIC!

i'd be real keen to check that out br0

KLF white room was one of the first tapes I bought

ha ha ha ha.....the facts are always gonna be a little askew with ecstasy invlolved.....

in the 80's i was listening to the ramones,public enemy,red hot chilli peppers,jfa,angry samoans etc.....i was 13 in 1990 and had no idea about the happy mondays or pills or what everyone else listened too,but i did read thrasher magazine and it was punk and i liked it....

kick the bins over and smash your locker in....school sucks and so do the teachers,im going skating and i aint coming home for days....

ha ha ha ha.....the facts are always gonna be a little askew with ecstasy invlolved.....

in the 80's i was listening to the ramones,public enemy,red hot chilli peppers,jfa,angry samoans etc.....i was 13 in 1990 and had no idea about the happy mondays or pills or what everyone else listened too,but i did read thrasher magazine and it was punk and i liked it....

kick the bins over and smash your locker in....school sucks and so do the teachers,im going skating and i aint coming home for days....

I was there too man

I was there too

viva la 90's

they were some dope times,,,,

sadly never to repeat

i drew this on every school book for the whole of high school..

it would be awesome to see more dnb mc,s look and act like this....